Office of the Provost
The Office of the Provost provides institutional support for the development, review and implementation of academic policies and education initiatives that advance enhancements in learning and teaching experiences.
In particular, the scope of the Office’s efforts encompasses:
– Advancement of the University-wide approaches to improving the quality of education delivery;
– Provision of institutional oversight to enhance the overall quality of instruction, curriculum design and program management;
– Support of academic professionals in applying innovations in teaching and learning;
– Support of institutional planning and effectiveness through institutional research;
– Promotion of technology-enhanced learning process across the University;
– Coordination of external institutional review processes.
The Provost is the chief academic officer of the University, with authority to lead the development and implementation of the University’s academic and research excellence goals. Professor Ilesanmi Adesida serves as the Provost since October 2016.
The Vice-Provost for Academic Affairs assists the Provost in carrying out his responsibilities on academic matters (academic planning, learning and teaching, integrating research into teaching, faculty professional development). Doctor Loretta O’Donnell was appointed to this post in August 2013.
The Vice Provost for Research assists the Provost in carrying out his responsibilities in research matters (research strategy, implementation, conformity, personnel, cooperation, space and equipment resources, and funding support, training, outreach and innovation activities). Dr. Haris Doumanidis was appointed to this post in January 2018.
The Associate-Provost of Graduate Studies oversees academic and administrative support to ensure a high quality educational experience for all NU masters and doctoral students and post-doctoral scholars. Doctor Chester Jablonski was appointed to this post in September 2018.
Office of the Provost
Room # 4006, Block C2
53 Kabanbay Batyr Ave., 010000
Nur-Sultan city, Kazakhstan
Tel: +7 (7172) 70 63 63, 69 49 60